BES school day is 7:30 a.m. - 2:35 p.m.
Here are a few key points to remember about attendance:
- 3 unexcused absences/tardies = parish notification letter and conference with guidance counselor
- 5 unexcused absence/tardies = visit from truancy officer
- 11 or more unexcused absences/tardies = child has failed for the year and recommendation for court referral
- Absences = when a student is not at school all day
- Tardies = when a student arrives late or leaves early
- Unexcused absences/tardies = not having a medical note or administration approval of extenuating circumstances
- A parental note allows for make-work, but does not excuse the absence.
- 11 or more unexcused days absence for the year, results in failure for the year.
- All medical excuses need to be turned in within 5 days after the student's absence. If not, the days will be counted as unexcused.
- 3 or more consecutive days absent must have medical excuse.
- Vacations taken during the school year are unexcused absences.
*Please no walk-ups between 7:00 AM -7:30 AM.
*Students need to be inside the cafeteria by 7:20 AM to eat breakfast in the morning.
*Students are tardy at 7:30 AM. If you arrive at 7:30 AM please park in available parking spots, not in front of the school, and walk your child to the office and sign them in.
*For safety purposes, students should always exit the right side of the vehicle when getting out at carpool. We are not allowed to load children on the left side of the vehicle. Please do not pull away in carpool until your child is safely away from the car on the sidewalk.
*NO cell phone usage in the carpool line or in the school zone. This is a state law.
Brusly Elementary does not accept phone calls or faxed letters changing the way a student goes home for the day. This is for the safety of our students. If on occasion you must make a change, please send a written note in the morning with your child or come to school during the day to make the change (remember to bring your ID). No changes will be made after 1:00PM.
Please post your child’s carpool sign EVERYDAY and keep it up until your child is in the car with you. This helps the afternoon carpool run more smoothly. Also walk ups in carpool are never allowed.
West Baton Rouge Parish has a uniform policy. Please refer to the West Baton Rouge Handbook Section on Student Dress Code and Grooming Regulations. Grades Pre K-12 will wear uniform khaki bottoms with navy blue tops. Please write your child's name inside any coats/jackets in case they get lost. Girls may not bring purses to school at Brusly Elementary School. No earrings below the earlobe, necklaces, or bracelets allowed for student safety.
Students should wear shoes appropriate for participation in physical activities or any other school activity. Open toe or backless shoes such as rubber "flip-flops", shower shoes, house slippers, and Crocs are not allowed.
If in doubt about your child's clothing, please check with an administrator before allowing your child to wear the outfit.
Lastly, at the end of the school year, any items left in the lost and found will be bagged and donated to a local charity.