Please adhere to the following procedures:
Morning Drop Off:
Parents who drop off students in the mornings must use the appropriate parking lot. No students are to be dropped off before 6:50 a.m. Students must never be dropped off on the street. Drop students off along side the covered walkway. Students should exit the car from the driver’s side whenever possible. Please do not drive off until your child reaches the gate entrance and is visible to the duty teacher. You must wait in line. DO NOT pass around cars. This is for the safety of the children. Please remember that we stop serving breakfast at 7:20 a.m. Any student not in the cafeteria by 7:20 a.m. will be sent straight to class. Students arriving at school after 7:30 a.m. are considered tardy and a parent or guardian must escort the child to the office and sign them in. Students will not be admitted to class without a tardy slip from the office.
Carpool will begin at 2:35 p.m. Parents should line up in the Lukeville Park parking lot once the school parking lot is full. NO cars will be allowed to park and block the service road. In order to keep our children safe, NO students will be allowed to cross the service road in order to be picked up. Parents should not leave their car while in the carpool line. This causes delays.
All parents should enter the carpool line by driving south on the service road (from McDonald’s) and turn left into the driveway. Please remember to drive down into the park and turn around in order to get in the carpool line. All parents should exit the carpool line by turning right and continuing south on the service road. This will eliminate traffic congestion on the service road.
Students who carpool daily will be given a name card. Please always have your child’s card displayed in the right front passenger window so that the teacher may call for the student. All students will be loaded on the driver’s side. Please stay in line and do not go around other cars.
If your child is going home a different way or someone other than yourself will be picking up your child, the school will need a written note signed by the child’s parents or legal guardian. For safety of students, we will not accept phone messages concerning changes in bus transportation or afternoon pick-ups. Students will be sent home the way they normally go home.
Please do not check students out after 2:00 p.m. unless it is an emergency. Every instructional minute counts. Please wait until 2:35 p.m. dismissal and follow pick up procedures. We ask that you send a note if your child normally rides a bus. Reminder: School is dismissed at 2:35 p.m. No students should be left on campus after 2:50 p.m.
School Hours: 7:30 – 2:35
- 3 unexcused absences/tardies = parish notification letter and school conference letter
- 5 unexcused absences/tardies = parish notification letter
- 10 unexcused absences/tardies = parish notification letter, risk of failure for the year, and referral to the Supervisor of Child Welfare & Attendance for truancy charges to be filed against the parent.
- Absences = when a student is not at school all day
- Tardies = when a student arrives late OR leaves early
- Unexcused absences/tardies = not having a parent note, medical excuse, or administration approval of extenuating circumstances.
- Sending a parent note excuses non-consecutive absences/tardies.
- 3 consecutive days absent = must have a doctor/medical excuse
- 11 or more unexcused days absence for the year, results in failure for the year.
- All excuses need to be turned in within (3) days after the student’s absence. If not, the days will be counted as unexcused.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Mr. Maranto at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 225-749-8386.