PAES school day is 7:30 a.m. - 2:35 p.m.
- 3 unexcused absences/tardies = parish notification letter and school conference letter
- 5 unexcused absences/tardies = parish notification letter
- 10 unexcused absences/tardies = parish notification letter, risk of failure for the year, and referral to the Supervisor of Child Welfare & Attendance for truancy charges to be filed against the parent.
- Absences = when a student is not at school all day
- Tardies = when a student arrives late or leaves early
- Unexcused absences/tardies = not having a parent note, medical excuse, or administration approval of extenuating circumstances.
- Sending a parent note excuses non-consecutive absences/tardies.
- 3 consecutive days absent = must have a doctor/medical excuse
- 11 or more unexcused days absence for the year, results in failure for the year.
- All excuses need to be turned in within (3) days after the student's absence. If not, the days will be counted as unexcused.
The latest time a student can be checked out in the office for the day is 2:00 PM. You will not be allowed to check a student out in the office after this time. Please plan accordingly so that students do not miss important instructional time.
Drop-off and Pick-Up Information
- DO NOT DROP OFF your child/children before 7:00 a.m. At that time the duty teacher will be in the horseshoe.
- For your child's safety please have them exit the right side of the vehicle.
- Make sure your child is ready to get out of the car when you drive up. This is NOT the time to sign papers.
- Students are tardy at 7:30 AM.
- If you arrive at 7:30 AM, you must park and walk your child to the office and sign them in
- Port Allen Elementary dismisses at 2:35 PM.
- All students must be picked up from the cafeteria at this time.
- Car Pool ends at 3:00 PM.
Port Allen Elementary does not accept phone calls or faxed letters changing the way a student goes home for the day. Daily bus changes are not allowed. This is for the safety of our students. If on occasion you must make a change, please send a written note in the morning with your child or come to school during the day to make the change (remember to bring your ID).
No changes regarding afternoon transportation (carpool/buses) will be made after 1:00 PM.
West Baton Rouge Parish has a uniform policy. Please refer to the West Baton Rouge Handbook Section on Student Dress Code and Grooming Regulations. Grades Pre K-12 will wear tan uniform khaki bottoms with navy blue tops. Please write your child's name inside any coats/jackets in case they get lost.
Students should wear shoes appropriate for participation in physical activities or any other school activity. Open toe or backless shoes such as rubber "flip-flops", shower shoes, house slippers, and Crocs are not allowed.
If in doubt about your child's clothing, please check with an administrator before allowing your child to wear the outfit.
Lastly, at the end of the school year, any items left in the lost and found will be bagged and donated to a local charity.