***2019-2020 Uniform Shirts Info***
As we transition to a new school, we will also transition to a new, more vibrant color uniform shirt. In an effort to become one, united school, this Caneview K-8 uniform shirt policy is effective August 2019. No spirit shirts, etc. bearing the name of any other school than Caneview K-8 will be acceptable.
We will adhere to the West Baton Rouge Handbook Section on Student Dress Code and Grooming Regulations; however, royal blue uniform shirts are preferred instead of navy.
Acceptable uniform tops for 2019-2020 are as follows:
• Navy, collared uniform shirts will be allowed for the 2019-2020 school year.
• Royal blue, collared uniform shirts will be the official color for Caneview. Plain shirts may be purchased at a reasonable cost via Walmart.com
Example: https://www.walmart.com/…/Boys-School-Uniform-Sho…/339008034 (color must be labeled royal blue)
• Royal blue, collared uniform shirts with the Caneview logo are the preferred uniform top, and may be purchased via Don’s Sportsman Shop in Brusly. If you would like to place an online order, the web store address is https://caneview19.itemorder.com/sale. You may also visit the actual store at 4463 LA-1, Suite D, Port Allen, LA 70767 to place an order. The store hours are 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. M-F and 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Saturdays.
*THE COLOR OF THE POLO SHIRTS IN THE ONLINE STORE ARE NOT EXACT. The true color is closer to the spirit shirt color. and the sample picture which is attached here without the logo.
**Orders placed by Sunday, July 21st at midnight will be delivered to the respective campuses (Chamberlin or Devall) for pickup beginning Monday, August 6th.
***Don’s is the only company licensed to provide the Caneview logo embroidered applique. No other forms of the logo (iron on, etc.) may be created.
• Royal blue spirit shirts (Caneview t-shirts) will be available for purchase both through the school and Don’s (online and in store) at the cost of $10 for short sleeves and $12 for long sleeves. Spirit shirts may be worn in place of the collared uniform shirt on any day.
• Crew-neck sweatshirts (charcoal grey/no hood) will also will be available for purchase both through the school and Don’s at the cost of $15. Students may continue to wear navy sweatshirts without logos. By 2020-2021 the preferred outerwear/pullovers/sweatshirts (which do not open in the front) will be charcoal gray.
•White, short sleeve undershirts may be worn.