Virtual Academy Orientation 2021
The WBR Virtual Academy
- Virtual Academy Handbook
- The Virtual Academy Information Sheet
- Virtual Academy High School Expectations
- Virtual Academy Middle School Expectations
- Virtual Academy Elementary School Expectations
- Virtual Academy Zoom Orientation
- Virtual Academy Makeup Zoom Orientation
- Virtual Academy Attendance Guidelines and Procedures
Beginning of the Year Information
Classes Start: Monday, August 17th
Mandatory Zoom Parent Orientation Meetings
All parents are required to attend a “virtual” parent/student orientation meeting through Zoom. Meeting Codes and information will be sent directly to VA students/parents.
Monday, August 10th
Kindergarten-2nd Grade: 4:15- 5:00
3rd-5th Grade: 5:00-5:45
6th-8th Grade: 6:00-6:45
9th-12th Grade: 7:00-7:45
Tuesday, August 11th(Makeups)
Kindergarten-5th Grade: 4:30-5:15
6th-8th Grade: 5:30-6:15
9th- 12th Grade: 6:30-7:15
Friday, August 15th(For those who do not have a device)
*Note: Virtual Academy students DO NOT attend the soft openings, school open house night, meet and greets, in school orientations etc.
- Thursday, August 13th @ Port Allen High School Theater (Park in the parking lot by the gym)
- A Parent or legal guardian must be present to sign consent forms and pick up the Chromebook.
- Pick Up Schedule
8:00 am -12:00 pm Brusly Elementary, Lukeville, Brusly Upper, Brusly Middle, Brusly High
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm Caneview, Port Allen Elementary, Cohn, Port Allen Middle, Port Allen High
5:00 pm -7:00 on After Hours Pickup (Only if you cannot make the above scheduled time.)
WBR Device Information, Acceptable Use Policy, and Tech Helpline
Use this link Or go to wbrschools.net - Parents/Students/ 1:1 Program
- Attendance requirements are the same for all WBR students both Virtual and In-School. Refer to WBR Handbook- Attendance. WBR Handbooks will be issued on August 14th.
- Classes will be within the hours of 8:00am- 3:00pm
- Student schedules will be issued on August 14th.
Virtual Academy Enrollment
Virtual Academy students must be enrolled in a WBR school within their school attendance zone.
- Students enrolled in the Virtual Academy may not participate in school-sponsored extracurricular activities(Sports, clubs. etc…)
- Monitor daily attendance and participation in virtual classes
- Review grades through OnCourse
- Support and encourage good work habits
- Parents must have a valid email address
- Messages will be sent via WBR Blackboard Messaging