West Baton Rouge Parish Schools endeavors to prepare our students for an ever-changing world where technology advancements occur at a rapid pace. The purpose of our one-to-one (1:1) student Chromebook program is to continue to create a collaborative learning environment for all of our students, This program is designed to enable our students and teachers to implement transformative uses of technology to enhance and support the curriculum. We hope that this program will also promote the development of self-directed lifelong learners who are able to keep pace with the rapidly changing technological landscape.
Goals for Student Users
- To increase student productivity both in and out of the classroom by providing the opportunity to complete research, lessons, and activities assigned by their teacher(s).
- To capitalize on academic resources and technological features to enhance student learning.
- To facilitate mobile learning across all school campuses.
- To promote leadership in student learning by establishing access to a variety of educational resources and tools.
- To promote personalized learning for all students.