Updated ELPT and LEAP Connect Parent Guides
New: Updated ELPT and LEAP Connect Parent Guides
The Parent Guides for the ELPT and LEAP Connect assessments have been updated to reflect test information for the 2018-2019 school year. Please share these guides with families to help them better understand these assessments and better support their child’s preparation.
Both parent guides are available in the Family Support Toolbox library along with the Parent Guides to the LEAP 2025 tests. Translated versions will be available later this month.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Personal Identifiable Information (PII)
Pursuant to Act 677 and Act 837, Local Educational Agencies are required to make information about the transfer of students' personally identifiable information (PII) available to parents and guardians. Below you will find a list of programs and software vendors that utilize student's PII. WBR is currently gathering the following information from vendors that will be posted online when available.
- a profile of each authorized recipient;
- a copy of the signed agreement between WBR and the authorized recipient;
- a complete listing of all the data elements authorized in the transfer of information;
- a statement of the intended use of the information;
- the name and contact information of the individual serving as the point of contact for the agreement; and
- a process by which parents may register a complaint related to unauthorized transfer of personally identifiable student information
A copy of all signed contracts/data agreements can be viewed at the West Baton Rouge Parish Central Office located at 3761 Rosedale Road in Port Allen, Louisiana from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. (Monday through Friday).
Definition of Directory Information as adopted by the West Baton Rouge Parish School Board:
- Directory information has been designated by the School Board to include the student's name, address, telephone number, date and place of birth, grade level, major field of study, participation in officially recognized activities and sports, weight and height of members of athletic teams, dates of attendance, degrees and awards received, most recent previous school attended and photograph or video.
- A parent or eligible student may refuse to allow the School Board to designate any or all of the types of information about the student as directory information thus prohibiting its release to the public. After proper notice, a parent or eligible student shall have thirty (30) days in which to notify the School Board as to which types of information about the student shall be designated as directory information.
- In accordance with the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001, schools shall honor the request of military recruiters for names, addresses and phone numbers of high school students, unless parents have specified that such information not be released to such recruiters.
Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance (LOSFA)
- Parents of students in grade 8-12 must grant permission for PII data to be transferred to the LOSFA system for financial aid. This permission must be granted one time. If a parent would like to opt-out of this option, they must contact the school and provide their request in writing.